Sunday, October 01, 2006

Swiss Stop #2

My second Swiss stop was a bit more laid back and relaxed. I had a "time out" from the busy travel world, hiding out at Chiara's work at the University and enjoying the free bottled water and internet (HELLO BLOG TIME). I was also happy to return to Ticino and do a couple things I had missed on the first go around: tasting Swiss fondue, seeing the spectacular view of Lake Lugano at sunset (Look you can see Italy!) and hiking in the Swiss Alps!



Chiara was kind enough to let me borrow her car for the day trip she had recommended me. Being that I only drive stick when forced to on vacation, I was quite proud to survive the hilly up and over city streets out of the city center and make it onto the highway. I drove about 70km North of Lugano with the window down and admired the cute Swiss villages along the way. When I arrived in Ritom-Piora, I took the steepest cable car in Europe to the top of the mountain, where I then did a four hour hike to see Lake Tom and Lake Cadagorno. It was a gorgeous day, and I easily gained respect for mountains of Switzerland. The vibrant colors of nature, the wildly steep inclines, and the fresh air were so refreshing -- the Swiss Alps are not to be missed!

No comments: