Thursday, September 17, 2009

Here's to the memories

These are the girls I grew up with.

There was a time not a day went by that I didn't see these girls. We went to school together, we played on the same soccer team, we had sleepovers, we wrote notes, we made embarrassing home videos, we talked on the phone, we learned how to drive, we talked about our dreams, and we graduated together.

Years have passed since we've all been together in the same room. Another reunion was well overdue. This one included all great things from the past: dinner, hot tubing, girl talk, a giant 5 pound bag of Gummy Bears, and lots and lots and lots of laughing.

We sat around the table and had many things to celebrate: Cyndi is engaged to her college sweetheart! Kristin is expecting! Kara is buying a new house! Bryn just graduated law school! I have a full passport and a new job!

It's fun to see how we've all grown up, how much we've changed and how much we're still the same. I don't know if anyone would have predicted that Kara and Kris would grow up to be hard core cops; That Cyn would move far from home and follow a military life; that I would have traveled the world. And though our lives are moving to a slightly different beat, it's good to see everyone happy.

We stayed up late watching home videos in our PJ's, giggling about old times caught live on tape! Fireworks. Jenny's House. CNN. Popsicles. Embarrassing Music Videos. 9 Lives. Spice Girls. And, Lean on Me.

To the ladies, thank you, thank you, for being you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was fun! Maybe we can do it again...in my new house!