What was
your favorite tour? Everyday
was a new adventure. One of our
last tours really took my breath away.
We got to fly over an active volcano in Hawaii in an open-door
helicopter—WOW! Imagine sticking
your head out of the window, seeing bubbling hot lava beneath you, and feeling a
wave of heat on your face--it was incredible! I also had a ball on some of the adventure activities we got
up to: We went whitewater rafting at the Grand Canyon, we raced dune buggies
around the desert in Las Vegas, and we went cliff jumping in Hawaii. Yeah, I scared myself a little, but it
was totally worth it.
Any
travel tips you learned? No
matter where you go, you can never see it all—so enjoy the time you have and
save the rest for your next trip! Oh
yeah, and Brock taught me that it is possible to travel with three
t-shirts. I am impressed.
Favorite
city you visited? I
love New York for the people watching, Vancouver for the natural beauty, New
Orleans for the food, Las Vegas for the spectacle, Maui for the beaches, the
list goes on and on.
Favorite
food? I always
make an effort to try local food, and New Orleans absolutely wins the prize for
food! Between the etouffee and
gumbo, po boys and beignets—I looked forward to every single meal! The craziest thing I ate was poutine in
Montreal. It was a giant heap of
French fries, cheese curds and gravy.
It was disgusting and delicious, all at the same time. What a guilty pleasure!
Favorite
beer or alcoholic beverage? There
were lots of yummy beverages to try on our trip, but I’d have to say the wine
tour through Napa and Sonoma was at the top of my list. We got to go behind the scenes, check
out the vineyards, and taste the wine right out of the barrel. Mmmm. I also really enjoyed the pink Cosmo we had in New York City
while on the Sex and the City Tour.
I felt like one of the girls.
Most
interesting fact you learned? I learned
a lot about volcanoes and lava on the Big Island of Hawaii—it was fascinating
to discover how the lava forms, sometimes it looks like a whole tray of
brownies, while other lava flows look like Oreo cookie crumbles! We also found mysteriously deep holes
in the lava, which were created by lava that wrapped around a tree stump, and
then burned the tree into ashes, leaving a gaping hole. Very cool!
What was
your music of choice on this trip?
I always let Brock take control of the iPod, but he never failed to pick
tunes we could jam out to. Best
music memory? Rocking out to music
while driving down The Strip in a blue convertible….Classic!
What
destination would you revisit? All of
them. Just like most good trips, you never have enough time. I would love to go back to Hawaii to
lay on those beautiful white sand beaches for a few days...revisit Miami to
enjoy some more Cuban coffee and play Dominoes with the locals at Calle Ocho…return
to New Orleans to study the art of cooking…head to Vegas to have a peek inside all
of those over-the-top hotels…can we do it all again?
One word
to sum up your experience?
UNBELIEVABLE! Did that
really happen? I am still pinching
myself.
What was
your favorite way to see the Grand Canyon? We were lucky to go to the Grand Canyon
several times on our visit to Las Vegas.
At one point, I was filming Brock eating a sandwich in front of an
incredible vista, and he says, “Wow, it’s not everyday you can eat lunch and
look out at the Grand Canyon—hang on, yes you can! I’ve done it everyday this week!” That was hilarious.
I REALLY enjoyed white water rafting down the Colorado River. It was so cool to look up at the
massive canyon walls, and get out and explore some of the hidden treasures
along the way like Travertine Falls.
There, we climbed up wobbly rope ladders to find a cave with a beautiful
waterfall pouring down…you could even walk through it! That was amazing!!!
Favorite souvenir? When I first departed for my 60-day adventure, my
pink suitcase filled to the brim…so there wasn’t much room for shopping. But, that didn’t hold me back! I admit, I had a field day at Disney
World. I bought some heavy-coin
belly dancing hip scarves and a panda umbrella at Epcot’s World Showcase. I’m also excited about the spices I
bought in New Orleans so I can try making gumbo at home after seeing the pros
do it at the New Orleans Cooking School!
MMmmm!
Click here to read the Q&A with the Dream Travel Job Teams on Viator.com:
No comments:
Post a Comment