Monday, May 06, 2013

Special Appearance on the Steve Harvey Show - Airs 6/3

Hello, NBC Studios, Chicago!  I have arrived!


A great surprise popped up this week.  I was asked to be a special guest on the Steve Harvey show.  Forty-eight hours later--I was on a plane to Chicago!  
The experience was quite magical, even for a girl like me who works in TV!  Though I've visited many sets in my time, and even appeared in front of the camera on occasion, the excitement of being on a a national TV set for a was quite real.  This is the bigtime, baby!  It was wild, seeing their large staging areas, their studio audience, and their massive crews...yeowza!

I was treated like royalty. Hair and makeup?  I could get used to this.

And I had my very own green room!  Thanks, Steve.

It was fun watching the show while I awaited my big moment.  The anticipation builds.

Backstage, I had a fun run in with Chef Ann and the whole gang from the New Orleans School of Cooking, who was in another segment!  I had the pleasure of taking a cooking class with her when I was in NOLA last summer...my oh my, my mouth has never tasted such deliciousness!  Chef Ann's homemade gumbo is AMAZING.  I was tempted to sneak on set to get a spoonful, but I kept my composure.
(Here's the video I hosted featuring Chef Ann at the New Orleans School of Cooking:

And just like most television these days...just when you think you're getting somewhere, they leave you hanging, just like an episode of LOST.  And in this story too, the ending is now and the rest is a well kept secret.  My lips are sealed!  What did I do on the Steve Harvey show and how did it turn out?  You'll just have to wait to find out.  

Tune in to the Steve Harvey show on MONDAY, JUNE 3, 2013 and look for my segment.  I promise you, it's worth it!  Oh, it's worth it!  



Cheers to these bright and beautiful women!

And cheers to my buddy Ruge who's always down for a fly-by visit!

No comments: