Sunday, May 27, 2007

Cruisin' with Conor in Santa Cruz

Santa Cruz was my first stop on my way to Seoul. It was the perfect chance to pay my friend Conor a little visit before flying onward to Asia. I met Conor last Fall on my big tour through Europe. I met him and two friends in a small Italian town on the Mediterranean coast called Riomaggiore, in Cinque Terre. I arrived alone, but left with a friend I'd felt I'd known for years. It was one of those special traveler meetings that only comes once in a while.

In Italy, we commenced our friendship over a bottle of Limoncello, so our California reunion began just the same.













With no true list of things to do, we spent our few days together at a relaxed pace, rocking out to some good tunes in the car and hanging out with his friends. Eminim's "boom boom chop" song will forever remind me of moments on the road.

Time went fast: a night out on the town:

(Word out to the "glamorous" Aussie rock star, Niki!)

A tour of the Village, the UCSC campus (the Redwoods were a nice change in scenery), and the Boardwalk:


(the boardwalk)

A taste of Highway 1:


(Pictured above: a cool rock & Conor's favorite beach spot)

and a few episodes of Planet Earth (How do they do that!).

(Planet Earth: Oceans (the real thing!) Sea otter spotting at Surfers Point)

Until we meet again, my friend! Thanks for the good times. PEACE OUT.

No comments: